Ski Trip Information
I wanted to send out a memo about our upcoming middle school (6-8) ski field trip scheduled for Feb. 17th. First, I’d like to say that parents are more than welcome to come up and ski with their child. This is always a fun experience for students and we’d like to involve any parents who would like to participate! Please note – that if you are wanting to help by chaperoning (skiing with a small group of students) you MUST have had a background check completed. It will be last minute, but if you have the completed form to our District Clerk on this next Monday, the 23rd, we should be able to get those processed in time.
- This is a school and educational outing so all students who attend will be required to take a lesson, and need to ride the bus to the mountain (7:00am departure). Any students riding home with parents need to have that written permission in by Feb. 14th.
- *Parents – students who choose not to attend this educational outing will need to secure alternative arrangements for the school day. There will not be an alternative class schedule for this day, as district resources and staff will be chaperoning this trip.
- Students have discounted rates for ticket/lesson and rental, those are in the permission packet that you have all received from your child. There are scholarships available for those that cannot afford this extra cost. Please don’t let that detour you from sending your child. Contact the office or Mrs. Tallman for those requests.
- Student permission/ski forms and money are due Feb. 3rd
- Students need to let Mrs. Tallman know if they would like a sack lunch by Feb. 3rd so the kitchen can plan ahead, otherwise students will need to purchase lunch at the Resort
- Students need to secure the proper equipment (coat, hat, waterproof gloves, snow pants) prior to ski day or will not be allowed on the bus
- Rental return will be at 3:00 (sharp) and we will stop to have some pizza in town (compliments of the PTO) before heading home. We should be back to school around 6:00 pm
— If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call. We are looking forward to a great outing!