Parents – Flyers went home with students this week. Be sure to ask them for the copy or you can download the order form and informational flyers here.
Elysian School District #23 is seeking an individual interested in working in our lunch room two hrs. per day (10:45-12:45). Duties include monitoring what students were served, entering student lunch numbers and light clean-up help. If you are interested please submit an application to the office, which can be found on our website: elysianschool.org, or contact Luke Shelton at 406-656-4101
Parents and Community,
Our Booster and Activity Banner Sponsor programs are a great way to show your school pride and support!
The Booster Club – $150 annual fee. Your family name or business is displayed on our “Band of Boosters” in the gym.
Activity Banner Sponsor – $400 for the first year and then $350 annually. Your business name and logo will be professionally installed on one of our banners to be hung in the gym.
These funds go to our Activity account and support a variety of activities and programs throughout the year. Some of these include:
Boys and Girls Basketball
Sponsorship for skiing and field trips
Sound system installation and support
If you would like to join or receive additional information on our Booster Club or Activity Banner programs please give me a call, email or stop in the office.
Luke Shelton -Superintendent / PrincipalElysian School
Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I want to extend a warm welcome to all our returning students and any new students who will be joining us this year at Elysian. The staff and I are very excited for another fantastic year filled with learning and growing together! We look forward to seeing you at our open house on Tuesday the 21st (5:30-6:30). School begins 8:05 am, on Wednesday the 22nd.
*If you are in need of any school supplies please ask your teacher or talk to the office, we have many supplies thanks to several generous donors!
New additions this year:
· We were able to update the gym floor this year! It turned out amazing, I cannot wait for the students and our community to see it!
· New bleachers were installed as well, giving us one more (needed) row of seating.
· Our kitchen received a much needed new oven/range and two convection ovens which will aid in serving the growing number of students at Elysian.
· With the help of our PTO we will also be installing a reader board out front on Elysian Road, which will be a great way to increase communication to our community! This should be complete in October.
· Our paint and summer crew has done an amazing job keeping our school looking sharp! The Laurel Volleyball team (yes 40 girls!) came out and volunteered several hours of clean-up around the school this past week to make sure it is ready for everyone, thank you girls for your community service and Ms. Klein for organizing.
· Through technology funds we have added 2 new Chromebook carts (50 computers) to be utilized as needed by our students. Mrs. Ingraham has done a fantastic job getting them all set up for us and ready to go.
· A new science program was adopted and will be implemented this school year in all grades K-8!
New Staff: Please welcome
Mrs. Bergstrom – K-8 Art teacher
Mrs. VanderKolk – 6-8 Math and Spanish teacher
Mrs. Renova – Kindergarten Teacher
Ms. Manion – Para educator
· Our busses are very full; behavior expectations are located in our handbook and follow school rules. All students are expected to adhere to these expectations if they would like to ride.
· If you are picking up or dropping off students please remember to use the following locations: K-3 at front of building off Elysian Rd., 4-8 at activities/middle school entrance off East Lane.
· Any end of the day messages or changes to pick up routines for your child needs to be to the office by 2:00 pm
· Visit our website for information throughout the school year and sign up for our notifications so you stay informed and up-to-date
Upcoming Dates: (Please check website for athletic schedule and games)
8/21 Open House 5:30-6:30
8/22 First day of school
8/31 & 9/3 Labor Day (No School)
9/4 Josephine Crossing Concert (Fundraising for Elysian)
9/6 School Board meeting (6pm-7) in conference room
9/5 Early Release (1:20)
9/19 Fall pictures
If your child is entering kindergarten, 7th grade or new to Elysian School please make sure to bring in a copy of their immunization records. The Open House is a great time to do so. These must be up to date and received prior to the first day of school (per MT state law). If any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Kristine Oostermeyer RN
Join us on August 21st from 5:30-6:30 pm for the Open House.
The open house is a great time to explore the school, meet the staff, meet your teacher, drop off school supplies, make a deposit for meal accounts, pick up schedules & for middle school kids to load up their lockers.
We will be welcoming just over 370 students to Elysian this year. To help control the congestion, please take a look at the information below for your child’s grade. You can also arrive anytime during the 5:30-6:30 hour.
No early arrivals. The doors will not be open until 5:30.